Remember this unique cedar chest?It has a totally different look now! My client wanted a fun color..so she went with Retique It Seven Seas. Then I painted the top with Snow and even dry brushed a little bit over the Seven Seas. Changing hardware was a little bit of a challenge...but my disgruntled employee got it! Lots of grumbling went on. Anyway, my client wanted a really feminine touch so she found the perfect hardware from D.Lawless. @dlawlesshardware.
• Pour 1-part denatured alcohol (or rubbing alcohol) and 1-part water into a spray bottle or bowl. Wipe surface down with mixture.
• If surface is shiny or it has a wax/furniture polish on it, then scuff the entire surface up with sandpaper to give it tooth (This is just to remove any wax and give better adherence for the base coat.)
• Patch any divots or holes with Retique It® Mud.
• Apply the first coat as a thin layer.
• Apply the second coat thick and smooth finish in long even strokes
• Apply a third coat in any area that is not completely covered.
• Clean your brush between each layer while you allow 2 hours to dry completely. If you are limited on time, then use a blow dryer (Dry time may take as little as 15 minutes with the use of a blow dryer on high heat)
Seal It (Optional)
The more thin coats the greater the durability.
If you are painting a tabletop or other surface that requires increased durability, it is advisable to add more layers of protect. Ultratique is the equivilant of one layer of tripletique.