Related Reels - Countertops
Authentic Wood Finish
Go Beyond Faux with our patented liquid wood technology. It looks and feels like wood because it contains over 60% recycled wood fibers. Transform any hard surface* into stunning wood with Retique It! Get the warm, natural look of wood on any surface without the cost and hassle of traditional woodwork.
Stainable & Sustainable
Retique It® is the hassle-free way to get that perfect wood finish without any fuss! With its eco-friendly, water-based formula, there are zero VOCs and no offensive odors, making it easy to use even in confined spaces. When you're finished, clean-up is a breeze with just soap and water!
No Stripping Required
No need to sand or strip off old finishes or surfaces - just apply it right over any painted or finished surface. Our wood-based primers and stains let you add a layer of actual wood to virtually any hard surface.
Durable enough for decking, flooring, and countertops yet perfect for furniture and cabinets as well. Retique It® adheres to almost any hard surface. With Retique It® You can have a durable wood finish over almost any hard surface.
Any Surface Imaginable
Painted, Stained, Wood, Metal, MDF, Concrete, Plastic, Drywall, virtually any hard surface… Furniture, Cabinets, Tables, Countertops, Front Doors, Garage Doors, Shutters, Porches & more...
Demonstration of the French Oak Countertop kit
Remember to Prep the Surface
- Wipe Down with denature alcohol mixed with water or with Krud Kutter®
- If surface is slick, lightly scuff up with fine grit sandpaper
Wash the surface with Dawn® Dish soap and rinse thoroughly
with warm water until the surface is squeaky clean
NEVER USE TSP PRODUCTS
(TSP will cause wood based coatings to not adhere properly)
with Retique It® Wood'n Primer™
- Brush on 2 coats of Retique It® Wood'n Primer™
- Make final strokes long in the direction you want the grain
- Clean your brush while you give the project 2 hours to dry completely.
If you are limited on time, then use a blow dryer.
(Dry time may take as little as 5 minutes with the use of a blow dryer on high heat)
with Retique It® Wood'n Stain™
If you want a smooth finish you can skip this step. Your brush strokes will make a subtle grain.
- Brush on a thin coat of Wood'n Stain™ in plank size sections
- Pull the graining tool through each section while coat is still wet
- If you don't like the grain, apply another coat of Wood'n Stain over that section and grain it again
Apply Wood'n Stain™ over the grain
- Brush on Retique It® Wood'n Stain™
- Just brush it on DO NOT WIPE IT OFF like other stains
- If you want a deeper finish brush on more coats of Wood'n Stain™
For the French Oak finish kit only
Add Gel StainIf your kit came with Retique It® White Wash Waterbased Gel Stain follow the next step.
(All other finishes can skip this step)
- Apply 1 to 2 coats of White Wash Gel stain with a lint-free cloth
- Allow stain to sit for 30 to 40 seconds then wipe back
Protect your finish with our topcoat
Your Countertop Kit comes with Tripletique™ top coat
- Stir, DO NOT SHAKE, the Tripletique™ top coat
- Apply thin layers of the topcoat until you finish the entire container
- Allow two hours between coats if you are using a Retique It waterbased topcoat
- Retique It will only support the use of Tripletique™ or Retique It® Hard Wax Oil for sealing our liquid wood products over countertops.